We must do pay back with METTA to their debt
Myoma Myint Kywe
The most important people in our lives are our parents. If we cannot obey our earthly parents, how are we to obey teaching of Buddha? As we learn to obey, we learn to be wise in making our decisions in life. As we learn to obey, we learn to open up our eyes, ears, ad heart to Buddha's doctrine for us.
Obedience is the first step in living a true Buddhist life. You may not agree with your parents' some decisions, but you must try to obey your parents’ decisions begins with showing them respect. Children learn how to become ethical decision makers when parents focus on ethics, not just rules.
Children not only need to obey their parents, but also maintain the ethics that build strong character. We must be prepared to respond to their noble gratitude. We need to show our parents we love them so much.
1. Our Parents taught us about MORALITY
2. Our Parents taught us about HONESTY.
3. Our Parents taught us about do the BEST.
4. Our Parents taught us about LOGICAL ARRANGEMENT.
5. Our Parents taught us about SELF CONTROL.
6. Our Parents taught us about RELIGION.
7. Our Parents taught us about DILIGENCE.
8. Our Parents taught us about WISDOM.
9. Our Parents taught us about JUSTICE.
10. Our Parents taught us about TRUTH.
11. Our Parents taught us about POLITENESS.
Buddha said that right now, in this moment, if parents and children don’t respect and appreciate each other, then without doubt next life they will suffer miserably due to the debt that must be repaid.
The debt of gratitude we have towards our mothers and fathers is not easy to repay. As an analogy, even if you were to carry your mother on one shoulder and your father on the other for 100 years, caring for them by various ways such as helping to massage and bathe them, and even clearing their waste, this would not repay their kindness.
Our parents are the ones who brought us in the World. We should love and appreciate them as much as we can because one day they will be gone. We must love our parents. You should say with loving voice intonation forever.
One of the greatest titles in the world is parent and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call Mother and Father.